Natural Prozac: Learning to Release Your Body's Own Anti-Depressants (Paperback)
'THE DRUG-FREE ALTERNATIVE TO ENDING DEPRESSION
"Depressed people cannot simply 'cheer up.' They suffer from a chemical imbalance in their central nervous system that is the source of their depression. Fortunately, balance can be restored, and that is the aim of this book…I will demonstrate how common behaviours can either maintain a brain-chemical imbalance and thus sustain depression or be used to balance our brain chemicals in order to overcome depression."- from 'Natural Prozac'
For millions of people, depression is an inescapable fact of daily life. Now, 'Natural Prozac' reveals how to break the debilitating grip of clinical depression by ending self-destructive patterns of thought and behaviour. This safe, easy-to-follow, and scientifically proven approach to natural healing addresses the root causes of depression, not just its symptoms, and offers a new way to restore the brain's natural
chemical balance without the use of prescription drugs.
'DR JOEL ROBERTSON, an internationally known expert on pharmacology and brain chemistry, helps readers: '
• develop a tailored program of diet and exercise that will restore natural balance to the brain's chemistry
• learn new techniques for understanding and breaking free of negative habits
• adopt behaviours that produce and promote beneficial brain chemistry
• use other natural methods to understand and overcome the cycle of depression, and
• establish a lifestyle that makes full use of the tools we each possess to control and improve our own psychological and emotional health
As director of The Robertson Institute, Dr Joel Robertson, author of Peak Performance Living, has provided performance enhancement programs and treatments
for clients including General Motors, United Airlines, the Detroit Red Wings, and many others.
Tom Monte is the bestselling coauthor of 'Recalled by Life', and a contributor to 'Life, Natural Health, New Age Journal, ' and 'Cosmopolitan. '
About the Author
Joel Robertson, is an internationally renowned clinician, publisher, lecturer, consultant, and author of Home Recovery Systems and Help Yourself. He is the director of the Robertson Institute, which provides neurochemical evaluations and treatment techniques for corporations, athletes, and mental health facilities.