A Step By Step Guide To Starting And Running A Successful Horse Boarding Business: The Comprehensive Book Of Horse Boarding & Effective Barn Managemen (Paperback)
This book is being recognized and used in College Equine Programs across the country A fantastic resource for starting and running a horse business.
This book will open your eyes to the world of horse boarding and all that it encompasses. The FIRST complete book of starting and running a horse boarding business and includes the financials for your entire operation. Two of the most often asked questions I get from people who want to start a boarding business are, "Where do I start?" and "Can I make money at boarding horses?" This book is a step by step guide on what you need to do to get your barn or stable up and going and how to maintain a strong and healthy boarding business. Whether you want to run a large facility or a small stable this book will cover everything you need to know to help you start off with a strong foundation for your business.
This book includes
- Designing your barn and stable for efficiency (with all four seasons in mind) when it comes to the daily chores, turnout and weather and how that affects your revenue monthly and seasonally
- Walking through size and cost verses revenue that you will generate and how to determine your board rates.
- Writing a business plan for the bank and yourself (This is so important even if you are not borrowing )
- Boarding contracts, barn rules, arena riding rules and that is just the beginning
- Designing your stalls, fencing, tack rooms, and storage area for hay, grain and bedding plus so much more
- All parts of herd management in great detail plus how to correct issues that arise - which they will
- How to find the right clients, barn manager, trainers and employees for your boarding business - So important
- How to give a thirty-day notice and create a drama free boarding stable - yes it can be done
- Trainers and other equine professionals and how that will affect your business
- Special requests and what is reasonable and what is not and figuring out what works for you
- Business insurance, accounting and lawyers and what they mean to your business
- Plus so much more Please check out the table of contents for a detailed list of what is discussed in this book
You will experience many issues owning a boarding stable and this book will walk you through many of them because I have experienced them first hand and learned from all of them. I have included a current business plan (designed especially for the horse boarding industry), boarding contract and barn rules which is only the beginning. This book will walk you through every step and give you tasks lists and suggestions for every part of your business from designing your barn to seeking a loan. It covers extensive pages on herd management, turnout and paddocks and how to design them and what to think about before you put the first post in the ground. I discuss the financial part of business ownership throughout the book and how to streamline your chores and hire employees. I discuss conflict resolution, the barn manager's role and client relations and the intention of this book is to help you avoid some of the common pitfalls of barn management and business ownership and that is only the beginning. The topics that are covered in this book are extensive and you won't find a more current book on running a boarding business. This book will benefit any size boarding operation. A large boarding barn equates to a large scale effort and risk. A small boarding stable carries lower financial risk but requires the same planning to be successful and can have many of the same issues as a large facility. Every area of the horse industry is impacted by the boarding stable and no matter the size; each plays an integral part in the success and stability of the equine industry.