Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (Electrical Regulations) (Paperback)
This is the 5th edition of the IET's Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
This Code of Practice provides guidance on in-service inspection and testing to determine whether electrical equipment is safe for continued use. Duty-holders are required by law to consider the risks associated with the use of electrical equipment. The Code underpins the need to conduct inspection and testing of electrical equipment by considering the risks the equipment is exposed to and the environment it is used in, in addition to the skill level of the user. It applies to all workplaces and also some types of rented accommodation.
This 5th Edition reinforces the necessity to establish and conduct appropriate safety checks, taking into account current working practices and legal requirements.
Among some of the changes in this edition are:
- the requirements for electrical safety management
- guidance on how to conduct a risk assessment
- testing needed to ensure safety in continued use
- changes to acceptable test result limits and a new hierarchy of tests
- inclusion of ES1 and ES2 to reflect the changes to product standards
- guidance on the new product classifications
- updated standard references
- revised model forms.
The core purpose of this Code of Practice is to help achieve high standards of electrical safety and it is recommended reading for all duty-holders responsible for the management of electrical equipment.